Eli Lilly International Young Investigators Fellowship in Bipolar Disorder
OVERVIEW. The Lilly Young Investigator Fellowship in Bipolar Disorder is a travel fellowship initiated to encourage young investigators throughout the world to develop research careers in bipolar disorders. Lilly fellows will receive the following as part of the award:
- A travel stipend to support their expenses to attend the Tenth International Conference on Bipolar Disorder in Miami Beach, Florida.
- The opportunity to present a poster at the conference.
- Participation in special programs at the meeting with an assigned senior mentor to enrich the fellowship experience.
- Recognition at a special reception for fellows and senior mentors during the conference.
ELIGIBILITY. Applicants must be less than 40 years of age at the time of application submission and have an MD and/or PhD. Applicants should be from outside the USA.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS. The Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, and the Department of Psychiatry of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, will award these fellowships. The application package consists of the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Overview of applicant’s current research – This document must use the following format:
- Typed, double-spaced
- 1-inch margins on a side
- Times Roman 12-point font
- Limit to 6 pages
- Abstract for a poster display
- Recommendation from applicant’s department chair or mentor
Applicants must submit the materials listed above as one PDF file in the abstract submission process for Rapid Communication or Poster Presentation. Click here for the required application cover sheet. Email the organizing office at ICBD@10thbipolar.org with any questions.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION. Applications must be submitted online in the rapid communication or poster submission process no later than January 2, 2013.
SELECTION PROCESS. All applicants will be reviewed by a Selection Committee.
AWARD NOTIFICATIONS. Applicants selected for awards will be notified via email no later than January 17, 2013. (NOTE: Awardees requiring visas to enter the United States to attend the conference are advised to begin the visa process in their home country immediately upon receiving their award notification.)
INQUIRIES. Questions regarding this fellowship should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.